Pages

Monday 21 June 2021

Information report about the Colosseum and Ancient Rome



WALT: I learned about the Colosseum and Ancient Rome

Ciao everyone. Today I’m going to be writing about the Colosseum in Rome. Here are a couple of facts about Rome and the Colosseum.




My first topic is about the Colosseum. The Colosseum is about 2,000 years old and it was build in 70 or 72 AD. The Colosseum is 12 stories long believe it or not, it is 620 ft, 189 meter long,512 or 156 meter wide, and 158 or 50 meter tall. The Colosseum is manly build with stone, bricks, concrete, and tuff. The Colosseum can fit 50,000 people!




My second topic is about the gladiators. Gladiators are professional fighters. Maximus Decimus Meridius is one of the famous gladiators. They didn't always fight to the death, and they weren't always slaves. The famous “thumbs down” gesture probably didn't mean death. gladiatorial bouts were originally part of funeral ceremonies. The animals gladiators fought were bears, rhinos, tigers, elephants, and giraffes.




My last topic is about the culture and history of rome. The Romans took many peoples and brought back from their wars. The clothes that people wore in ancient Rome was a short-sleeved or sleeveless, knee-length tunic for men and boys, and a longer, usually sleeved tunic for women and girls. Roman dance style were influenced by the various styles of Etruscan and Greek dance. Pyrrhic dances. Rome was found in 753 B.C. by Romulus and Remus. Romulus and Remus were the twins sons of mars, the god of war. Rome's era ended in 509 B.C. with the downfall of its seventh king, Lucius Tarquinius Superbus. Lucius Tarquinius Superbus had four kids, Sextus Tarquinius, Titus Tarquinius, Arruns Tarquinius, and Tarquinia.



So that’s all for today I hope you enjoyed reading my information report about the colosseum and rome bye!


This one of my information for this week. This information writing piece is about The Colosseum and Ancient Rome. Thank you for looking at my blog and I hope you enjoyed my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment